Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 20th, 2008 Stock Market Morning thoughts, and Investment Series Continues

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance: $131.14

Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $594.19 - Additional Position Worth: $50.00
Online Savings Balance: $2.06


Ok. The other day I bought an ESH8 1100 Put for about 1.50 or around $89.00 in the stock / futures trading account. A profit stop is in place with a good till cancel Limit order to sell it at 3.75. Today the market tried to rise higher yesterday, but in the face of $100.00 oil it quickly retreated. I was still looking for a break below the support trend-line that has formed over the last few days.

This morning I woke up to find the futures market had taken a bit of a hit, and sank lower. Which is good. As I sit here, and at the time of this writing, there are housing stats and CPI numbers are due to be released in 22 minutes.

Switching gears, I said some time ago that on my videos on YouTube, I'd be giving a little further information on investing. It's very important, when you look at your investment portfolio, to get out of the same mindset that you use for trading. I discuss that in this video:



More videos are forthcoming, and I'll try to upload the videos on the Investment Series every evening at my channel on YouTube.

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $131.14
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $594.19 - Additional Position Worth: $50.00
Online Savings Balance: $2.06


Total Trades and Investments: 1
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 1
Average Drawdown: $86.51
Accuracy Rate: N/A
Average Reward: $0.00
Risk Reward Ratio: N/A

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products