Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Outta Here . . .

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance: $241.92

Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $22.10

Personal Trading Thoughts: Cash. No positions. Leaving for vacation, so quite frankly, I'm trying to forget about trading for a bit. Clear my head.

Personal Investing Thoughts: Cash is my largest position. I still hold all of my long term stocks, and recently added a very small DTE long term DRIP position this week. I will check in every few days on the news while I'm in Mexico. My bearish outlook hasn't gone away. I don't even want to think about what the CPI will be. The inflation beast will rear it's head unless the Fed stops cutting rates. But there is another possibility. We could 'channel' for a while. In other words, a short-term bottom might be developing, as the market goes sideways for a while. I'm still prepared for a 35% drawdown from the highs.


The luggage is out in the living room. The cats are getting that 'freaked out' feeling they always display right before we go on vacation (They won't have anything to do with us for at least 4 hours when we get home). The wife is busy finishing up the laundry. I have house sitters lined up (please don't trash the house guys).

Quite frankly, when it comes to investing and trading, I'm trying to clear my head a bit. I'll keep an eye on the overall market, but for the next few days I'll be busy, so no telling when I'll be able to update the blog. Keep an eye on for the next update . . . it might be from Mexico.

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $241.92
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $22.10


Total Trades and Investments: 3
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $82.56
Average Loss: $82.56
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.02

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products