Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Windows Movie Maker Problems . . .

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance: $241.92

Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $22.10

Personal Trading Thoughts: Cash. No positions. We seem to be ranging at the top of the channel that's developed in this market. I have no swing positions as I have a vacation coming up; and I don't want to get caught in the middle of a swing trade, before I leave. Therefore, no trades this month.

Personal Investing Thoughts: Cash is my largest position. I still hold all of my long term stocks, and recently added a very small DTE long term DRIP position. My bearish outlook hasn't gone away. But there is another possibility. We could 'channel' for a while. In other words, a short-term bottom might be developing, as the market goes sideways for a while. I'm still prepared for a 35% drawdown from the highs.


Well, I have this beautiful video ready to go to discuss volume, complete with charts. Too bad Movie Maker won't let me save it without either rebooting, or just freezing the entire system.

Microsoft? I'm done with them. I'll either build myself a Hackintosh, or just buy an Apple. I'm sick of this mess. Microsoft as an operating system is a piece of garbage. The registry system has become so bloated, so huge, such an intricate web, that you can't even install a freaking codec for video viewing, without destroying Windows Movie Maker. The registry stupidity and maze has gotten to the point, where we expect that Microsofts new OS, Vista - should run best with 3 gigs of memory. That's insane. I have operating systems here that fit on a floppy.

I've been working with this mess all day now. I can't believe I paid $350.00 for such a poor operating system.

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $241.92
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $22.10


Total Trades and Investments: 3
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $82.56
Average Loss: $82.56
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.02

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products