Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Computer Facelift and Redecorting. . .

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance:
$247.27
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $27.15


Ok. As I mentioned yesterday, the computer I'm using right now is just toast. It stays on for about 30 minutes at a time. Overall, I'm pleased with the performance that this computer has given me. Eight years of great service out of this computer. But it's day is done. That's sort of how my grandfather, or my 'Papaw' Fraley taught us all to treat our possessions. By the best at the time, and then maintain it well. Get as many good years out of your possessions as possible. Then buy the best again, and repeat.

This poor thing has been through the ringer however. Somehow, someway, I discovered that the grease wasn't fully covering the chip on the processor. This caused a heat problem. It got so hot (I kid you not, I'll show you guys the video when I have the new computer up and running), that the power supply bundle? The part that connects to the motherboard? It literally welded itself into the sockets. That it didn't start a fire is unbelievable.

Regardless, the computer parts are ordered, and should be arriving the first half of next week. I ordered myself a nice, but simple motherboard, and will be building it inside of a old modded server tower that I had. My wife needs a new laptop next month, and I'll also be buying one for myself. Probably by the end of this year, I'll be buying myself a Dell XPS system, and that will become my main work computer. What I'll do after that, is take the computer I'm now building? And use it for a Linux Gentu setup, and see about building a new home network with a Linux operating as my main server. Who knows.

Frequent readers of this blog and my video blog know that I've been talking about changing my setup around here for a long time. I sat down and figured that I should do everything in one fell swoop. My office is where I usually record my videos. I'm going to turn this area into a den / video game area. I'll put all of my game systems I have, and buy some new ones as well (Wii, Xbox 360) in here, with a plasma screen T.V. Some lounge chairs, and redo the entire decor. I'll move my computer out to a dining room 'nook' we have, and recording most of my videos from out there. I also went ahead and finally ordered myself a flat screen 19" monitor, and I am finally migrating away from the old CRT monitor. So the next time you see me on video, you'll notice different surroundings.

Oh, something I didn't mention yesterday about the Challenge Project deposits? The $90.00 will be deposited to optionsXpress on the 8th of this month. The other two deposits to the ING account and the Sharebuilder account have already been processed.

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $247.27
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $734.39
Online Savings Balance: $27.15


Total Trades and Investments: 3
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $82.56
Average Loss: $82.56
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.02

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products