Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Week in Review for May 17, 2008

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance:
$247.27
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $720.00 (In a trade, this floats)
Online Savings Balance: $27.15

Personal Trading Thoughts: Friday, I got long into a June 08' Lean Hogs 68 Put Option. It broke below the 50 period EMA on the 30 minute chart, and just continued to sink. Just right when I started, I put the order in to buy it at .275 limit ($110). I received my fill at .200, or $80.00. All the better. Then, we received the weeks COT report. Not a whole lot there to go on. So looking to the seasonal weakness. Which is usually pronounced come May 19th to the 27th.

Personal Investing Thoughts: I've been saying this all week. The market is struggling to make another high. Just can't seem to get it done. Although a intermediate bottom is in, I think the market looks a little 'toppy' at this point. Time will tell.


So we arrive at the end of another week. Biggest news with this Challenge Project is the Lean Hog trade. I encapsulate my thoughts in the video below . . .



I discussed a video about having a trading plan. That video can be found here.

I also discuss the strategy for the Challenge Project. That video can be found here.

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $247.27
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $720.00 (In a trade, this floats)
Online Savings Balance: $27.15


Total Trades: 4
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $82.56
Average Loss: $82.56
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.02

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products