Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2008

Futures Series - Epilogue

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance:
$252.64
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $825.61
Online Savings Balance: $32.22

Personal Trading Thoughts: On the broad market, the next area of support is 12,160 area. I personally don't think that will be taken completely out, but at this point - the whole market is focused on the price of oil.

Personal Investing Thoughts: Dividends start getting paid as of today. Receive my BUD dividend today. Won't DCA me well, but hey - it's more shares for basically free.


I concluded the Futures series last week, but I quickly discovered that there were still many questions regarding commodity futures. So I decided to throw up this 'epiloge' video answering the range of questions I received throughout the weekend.

In todays video, I have some concluding remarks regarding this series and the Futures Markets ...




For the next few days I think I'll just stick to some commentary and trader thoughts. We'll see ...

* * *

Investing Account Balance: $252.64
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $825.61
Online Savings Balance: $32.22


Total Trades: 4
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $65.50
Average Loss: $79.84
Accuracy Rate: 25%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.1
Trading Money Gain / (Loss): Down - ($59.68)

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products