Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Week in Review for June 14, 2008: InBev and Anheuser Busch (BUD) and more about Dividends

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance:
$252.64
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $825.61
Online Savings Balance: $32.22

Personal Trading Thoughts: I'm sorta sliding back my own personal trading lately. Had a nice e-mini trade. But other than that? Things are to that point I call "Decision Time", and I like to stand on the sidelines when things like this are going on. I don't try to predict the market. I analyze it, and then see if the market confirms that my analysis is correct. I think right now, we're in 'decision time'. The market is factoring a lot of data out, and thing can get very volatile. Very fast.

Possibly, possibly looking for short / bearish possibilities if we break lower than 1332.60 on the S&P 500.

Personal Investing Thoughts: Ditto on my Trading thoughts. We've already had - "Sell in May and Go Away". Seasonal tendencies prove themselves again. Especially starting mid-June. Not comfortable buying right now for long term.


I review two topics that have held my attention this week. The Inbev and BUD deal, as well as a little more on the importance of dividends ...



I will say that I have no interest in being an InBev shareholder, since InBev does not prove their efficiency by distributing dividends to their shareholders.

I also think I'm getting close to go ahead with my "Futures Options" series ...


* * *

Investing Account Balance: $252.64
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $825.61
Online Savings Balance: $32.22


Total Trades: 4
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $65.50
Average Loss: $79.84
Accuracy Rate: 25%
Average Reward: $179.75
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.1
Trading Money Gain / (Loss): Down - ($59.68)

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products