Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Alma Mater is Books. But Which Books?

Challenge Accounts:

Investing Account Balance: $304.17
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $954.13
Online Savings Balance: $47.39

Personal Trading Thoughts: We now have significant trend line in place for a lower play. If we break higher than the previous highest high, then I'd believe the relief rally is continuing. But if we're at decision time. If we rally, and then break lower than todays low? I think that will indicate a change in trend.

Personal Investing Thoughts: At the start of this relief rally, I bought a bit of GE for my personal investing accounts. But honestly, it was a pretty small amount. Overall, I'm just watching and waiting. Summer is here, and the market is generally weaker in the summer, so I'm not a buyer. Many years, I turn my DRIP off in the summer, and receive straight cash. But not this summer. We've been in a bear market, and the market is offering bargain prices on many stocks. Therefore, my DRIP will remain on, so that I can accumulate more shares at better prices to DCA .

I've received a series of questions, that sort of relates to the same topic. These questions are along the lines of "Where did you receive your education? Where did you go to college? What books have you read? What books would you recommend on trading? What books would you recommend on investing? What books would you recommend on investing? Yesterday, we discussed my thoughts on education, where I went to school, and what I thought of it. That led us to a discussion about books. Today I'm going to discuss the top six books I'd recommend ... (video included)



Tomorrow I want to discuss the enemy of millionaire, and poor man alike.

* * *

Challenge Project Account Balances and
Money Management Numbers:

Investing Account Balance:
$304.17
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $954.13
Online Savings Balance: $47.39

Total Trades: 6
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $56.63
Average Loss: $74.27
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $175.34
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.1
Trading Money Gain / (Loss): Up + $53.84

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products