Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2008

Merrill Lynch (MER), Bank of America (BAC), Lehman Brothers (LEH) - What Does it All MEAN?

Quotations of the Day:

"Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge." - Lao Tsu

* * *

Side Challenge Project Accounts:

Investing Account Balance: $407.55
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $954.13
Online Savings Balance: $47.51

Personal Trading Thoughts: As I said the other day ... I don't try to trade this mess. I stand aside and wait for some normalacy.

Personal Investing Thoughts: DRIP remains on (Received a few more shares today as a matter of fact, at bargain prices). Just remember: Patience. As I was saying in the week in review? Just wait! Patience is an investors best friend. September and October are seasonally very weak months. Just wait, and look to 'buy on the cheap'.


I'm listening to Bloomberg this morning. Lehman Brothers (LEH). Merril Lynch (MER). Bank of America (BAC). And the question everyone seems to be asking, again and again? "What does it all mean?" I discuss my thoughts, in the following video ... (video included)



We will see what the future will bring. But this is what I talk about when I urge: Patience.

* * *


Challenge Project Account Balances and
Money Management Numbers:

Investing Account Balance:
$407.55
Stock / Futures Trading Balance: $954.13
Online Savings Balance: $47.51

Total Trades: 6
Largest Inter-trade Drawdown: $86.51
Consecutive Losing Trades (Drawdown): 2
Average Drawdown: $56.63
Average Loss: $74.27
Accuracy Rate: 33%
Average Reward: $175.34
Risk : Reward Ratio: 1 : 2.1
Trading Money Gain / (Loss): Up + $53.84

This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products