Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recipe for Disaster

"Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends" - William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part I


My father and mother were born towards the end of the Great Depression. They lived in rural West Virginia, and it was a very different time. Of course, they didn't have a lot of money. My mother had 14 other siblings. That's right, a family of 16. In poor, rural West West Virginia. My father remembers times that he was so hungry, that if it had not been for the generosity of others, he was sure he would have starved to death. Literally.

The world is a different place now. Not because of our standard of living. That's not what I'm referring to. You see, back then ... there was more of a sense of community. My mother tells me that when she was a little girl, everyone in town knew that her parents, my grandparents, would offer anyone a place to stay that was traveling through. Drifters. My grandparents would keep the back door unlocked. The person could come through the back door, lay down on the cot. My mother recalls that when she was a little girl, many times she would wake up to find a stranger at the breakfast table. My grandparents would feed them, and they would be on their way.

There was a sense of community. And having a sense of community engenders trust amongst the people who inhabit that community.

I continue with this portion of the "Recipe" as well as the next two problems in this "Recipe", in the following video (Video Included) ...



This isn't rocket-science. This isn't predicting the future. This is recognizing the problems are real, and the root cause of the problems have not been addressed. This is not the time to buy because there is 'blood in the streets' as the old expression goes. I'm saying: The blood hasn't even started yet.

It'll be time to buy stocks again, when the root problems have been addressed, and people are still freaked out. That's generally when it's time to follow that old addage.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products