Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Analyze Your Surrounding Environment, and Control That Risk ...

"This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men." - Captain J. A. Hadfield


On Friday, my wife had a tire blow out on our car, and I spent all day trying to track down a 205/45 R16 tire. In addition, I had to worry about getting her to and from her work.

Also on Friday? I had my BlogTV show. Which was something new. There was a small bit of ... well, not what I would call 'stress' ... but more like 'elevated concern' that the show would remain engaging for everyone that came to watch. I ended up having a great time. But before that show? There was still those moments of 'elevated concern'.

Also on Friday? My wife left the house for a 'girls weekend' away with some of her girlfriends. Now ... not to sound sappy? But I've been married for going on 13 years. And when you've been married for that long? The Bible says that you begin to become "one person". "One flesh". And that's really true. So with the wife away? There's just this ... I don't know. Feeling. The best way I know to describe it? You know when you walk from one room to the next, and you when you arrive in the new room you forgot why you went to that room? Something is just 'buzzing' inside your head, trying to remember what's 'off'? Yeah ... it's something like that perception. Without my wife around? Things just seem .... off.

Then, again ... on Friday, I had two house guests. Takes a bit of getting used to a change in schedule with two new people living in the house. I love them, but there was a change in schedule.

On Saturday, I had the two house guests and then, I had a party that I threw for about 10 or 12 close friends of mine. That lasted until 3:00 am.

And on top of everything else? I have to check out what's going on in the markets at all times, and keep abreast of anything that may cause me to change my strategy.

The net result? Is that you end up feeling 'frazzled'. So what do you do when you feel frazzled, and then you turn to trade, or invest in the markets? Well, I talk about that, as well as suggest a new YouTube channel I found in the following video ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this from Email subscription? Click on the Title Link in the Email to View the Video ...)



Here is the link to Affluence8's YouTube Video Channel.

Here is the link to my BlogTV Channel.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products