Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Wealth ... is Wealth (As well as Economic Fiction)

"I am the man who loves his life ... Choose to learn, that the anti-mind, is the anti-life. Man has to be, man. By choice. He has to hold his life as a value. He has to discover the values it requires, and practice those virtues, by choice. Centuries ago the man who was the greatest of your philosophers, stated the formula defining knowledge and the concept of existence and the rules of all knowledge. A is A. (A=A) ... Why then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? It is your moral ideal brought into reality." - John Galt, Character from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand


On more than one occasion, I have stated that I will never dump my whole DRIP portfolio for profits of cash. We have experienced one, week-long protracted crash in October of 2008? And I still hold that portfolio.

Why? Why, when I am staring at so many shares that can represent the so many dollars? Would I not do what some call "taking my profits", when I have so many accumulated shares? Why would I not just sell of the DRIP'd shares? And have even more cash, that I could buy more stocks?

Because, as John Galt stated? A = A.

In the case of investing and my DRIP portfolio? I substitute the variables of this formula in the following manner: Wealth = wealth.

What do I mean? I discuss that in the following video, as well as other fictional works that have led me to the ideas regarding economics that I hold to ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this from Email subscription? Click on the Title Link in the Email to View the Video ...)



Remember. This afternoon, October 17th at about 4:30 pm eastern standard time. BlogTV. I may be a minute or two late, or you may see my wife in the background getting ready to leave for her trip. But I'll be there.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products