Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Would I Trade Other Peoples Money? (VIDEO)

"No legacy is so rich as honesty." - William Shakespeare

This is a question I am asked from time to time.

"Hey Dan, if I gave you some money? Would you trade or invest it for me?"

That question sort of puts me in a funny spot.

Is there profit in my taking such a move? Of course there is. Usually, the profits for trading other peoples money is what's called the classic 2/20. 2 percent of assets under management and 20 percent of profits above a predetermined benchmark.

But there is more to making money, than the profits that I could make in such an endevour 'today'. I discuss my thoughts in the following vlog entry ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this from Email subscription? Click on the Title Link in the Email to View the Video ...)



Here is the blip.tv version of this video.

Tomorrow is the "The Challenge Project: November 2008", and then we'll have a week in Review ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products