Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Accumulate Assets That Hold Value. It's That Easy.

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a ne'er-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life." - Vic Oliver

I think I may have shocked a few people the other day when I said that I was looking at picking up some physical metals, notably silver; due to the silver / gold ratio at the moment.

Why? Some people, I think have the mistaken view that I am out to defend the fiat currency system, and bash the gold standard. In actuality, I am neither 'for' or 'against' either system. I simply recognize the inherent weaknesses in both.

What it comes down to? In the end? Is that I am out to accumulate assets that will hold their value, and that may gain in value. If Gold deflates down to $300.00 an ounce? You better believe I'm going to start picking it up again.

The current environment is deflationary. With deflation? The economy can rebuild from deflation. It will be painful. But it's possible to rebuild. And at this point? The economy needs to rebuild. The closer they adhere to a Mercantilist model? The longer that rebuilding process will take. But this presents us with wonderful opportunities.

We discuss that in the following vlog entry ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this from Email subscription? Click on the Title Link in the Email to View the Video ...)



Tomorrow I'm going to replace a vlog entry that I had some time ago on "Drawdown and the Low Funded Account" ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products