Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We Are In Completely Unchartered Waters (Control Your Risk)

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver

I used to only talk about having three things:

CD Ladders, Investing DRIP account, and a trading account.

That was it. And I would shuffle around the profits from time to time, depending on how each was performing.

But now? I'm trying to minimize my DRIP exposure. I'm making sure my cash is very liquid. I'm scaling back my money management strategies from something that is aggressive, to something that is very defensive. I'm even buying some physical silver at depressed prices.

Why? We discuss that in this vlog entry ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this from Email subscription? Click on the Title Link in the Email to View the Video ...)



I'm stuck between fighting with YouTube on those earlier vlogs that I have to replace as they are a part of important playlists, and providing regular commentary on the monumental events that are ongoing.

Now I say that ... but at the same time, this week is going to be insanely busy as far as my personal affairs.

I hope I can do one remake (that you can sort of skip over if you wish, and I can plug back into the new playlist) and one commentary per day. Perhaps I'll have a remake video only twice a week ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 12 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products