Some of the theories conflict, but here are my thoughts:
- Kara "Starbuck" Thrace is the daughter of one of the Lords of Kobol. It is one of the Lords of Kobol who has been appearing to her. Both as the "Leoben" who guided her to her death, her father who taught her the song that awoke the Final Five Cyclons, and the pianist who appeared to her in Joe's bar. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this "Lord of Kobol" was the original inventor of ressurection technology.
- It is that same "Lord of Kobol" who the Cylons believe to be the "god", and has been orchaestrating so many of the events that has been directing both Cylons and Humans. It is the "Lord of Kobol" that led the original revolt on Kobol from the other Lords of Kobol.
- William Adama may die.
- The Human race will 'effectively die'. The Galactica "will" die.
- The Cylon race will 'effectively die'.
- The Human race and Cylon race, led by Gaius Baltar will combine into a new Hybrid race that will survive into the future.
- They will find "our earth". The "earth" that they discovered was not "our" earth. You never saw what you saw at the end of season 3. You never saw the continents. You never saw Jupiter, or our moon. It was never definitively "our earth". Just "a" earth.
- The will not find any planet to live on, but will continue searching for "our earth".
It's been a fantastic series, and I'm sitting down with beer, and a big bag of chips to see her off ...