Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Know Your Environment (VIDEO)

"Most people in this room are going to fail. I'm here to help those who are willing to learn, willing to listen." - Dr. Alexander Elder

I'm Dan

I'm a swing trader.

Except for today.

Why would I start day trading for a week or two? Why, in 2004 was I primarily investing, and trading much less? Why, in 2009, am I trading, and not investing?

Because you have to know the environment that you are in. And this? This is a trading environment. And I think that the next few months are going to be an extreme trading environment ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this entry elsewhere and cannot see the Video? Click here to view the entry ...)


You have to know the economic environment you are participating in, when you approach the markets. But more about that in tomorrow's "Week in Review" podcast.

Suffice to say, in 2004, it was an investing environment. Right now? We are in an extreme trading environment ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products