Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Investment Series: DRIP (Dividend ReInvestment Plan): A Path to Compounding Returns (VIDEO)

"Compounding ... is the most powerful force in the universe"

This video is part of a series. The introduction to this series, can be found by clicking here.

After that introduction, I discussed the fact that Buy and Hold is not dead.

Within this "Investing Playlist", I then discussed the fact that the kernel, the root of my investing approach, is that of the "Dogs of the DOW" approach. Modified of course. We then discussed what I see as the true difference between investing and trading.

I then discussed the importance of dividends, and then I discussed what I look for when it comes to dividends.

Now, let's talk about one of the tools of dividend stocks. DRIP.

(Video Included. If you're seeing this entry elsewhere and cannot see the Video? Click here to view the entry ...)



Here is the link to the example I mentioned of the $300 investment in GIS.

We'll next talk about different factors to consider when it comes to making your actual purchase, the timing of your purchase, with a discussion regarding seasonality.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products