Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Always Something With this Garbage ... (ING Group)

You know, it's always something. And quite frankly? I'm getting sick of the "We'll be fine", "We'll be fine" song when it comes to toxic assets, while the firm simultaneously seeks a handout from the closest debt ridden government.

So at this point, I'm busy this morning trying to decide how much of my money I want to transfer out of ING accounts, and how much it would cost me. Not because I am really anxious for ING's future?

But quite frankly I'm just getting sick of this nonsense.

What does this mean for the Challenge Account, since both the dividend account and the savings accounts are with the ING group?

I'm not sure at this point. I'm still doing some digging. Heck, at this point I'm almost to the point of feeling better about just wrapping my bills in stacks, and storing them in a secure off-site dual safe.

When it comes to my DRIP portfolio? Well, I could always transfer that account into a secondary Think or Swim account, as Sharebuilder is owned by the ING Group. We'll see, and I'll let everyone know what I end up deciding ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products