Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Interesting Day at Working at Non-Production

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive." - C.S. Lewis

(Note that although this blog entry may be reaching you on Friday, I wrote this late Thursday night)

It was sort of an interesting day on Thursday. Today, I was actually at home and trading. On the trading front, I ended up down for the day, but only down $6.00 after commissions for the day.

But with the freedom that trading from home brings? Well, it also brings it's own very special sort of frustrations. If you want to become involved in this business, you have to be prepared for days like today. Watching the market for hours, entering an option trade, and then nothing.

I worked at creating a video all day as well. A "Traders Thoughts". It felt good to get out what I had at the time. Editing it. Compiling it. It ended up being a twenty minute video. I dunno. I watched it a few times.

But you know, there is sharing my own personal pain? And then there comes the line of "personal matters". So I watched it a couple of times more. And then I erased it. Sometimes the journaling of a blog can be, and should be a very public thing. Sometimes, I think, journaling should be a little bit of a private affair.

As well, I ended my relationship with Covestor. I had them delete all three of my accounts. It's not that I'm angry with them, or there was any frustration whatsoever. I just finally realized that I was trying to use a service to do something, that they were never set up to do. My investing efforts heavily rely on DRIP accumulation of more shares, in order to compound the yield. But Covestor can't track DRIP. In addition, I trade a lot of options, and futures, which again, Covestor can't track. It was seriously skewing all of the results as to my performance. I "googled" Airelon, and the first results were those skewed Covestor accounts. It's not really Covestor's fault. They just aren't setup, nor were they ever set up, to track that sort of market involvement.

It sort of upset me that I don't have a third party tracking me, but in the end, I decided that the Challenge Project is there for all to see, and measure the results, so that will have to be my 'public tracking'.

So in the end, I worked all day on Thursday, and got nothing accomplished.

Ah well. Some days just work out that way.

The Week in Review is tomorrow ...

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products