Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week in Review: Buy Cheap ... (PODCAST)

"Solitude is strength; to depend on the presence of the crowd is weakness. The man who needs a mob to nerve him is much more alone than he imagines." - Paul Brunton

Welcome to the Week in Review!



Yes, here in Michigan, it's beautiful as we are in the 'peak color' season during the fall. The above picture it is actually taken from a friend of ours, during our weekend getaway in Pennsylvania. But it well expresses the colors we are enjoying in Michigan at the moment.

When I look over the markets, and I'm looking for something to buy? When I look for that which I can profit from? I don't look for those markets that are performing well. I look for markets that are not performing well. I look for markets that no one else wants any part of.

It's how I got the physical silver that I own for $9.00 an ounce. It's why I bought Morgan Stanley at $11.00.

Now how do I harmonize that idea, with the recent MCD purchase made in equities? I talk about that, within the Week in Review ... (Hint: The abbreviation is: M.M.P )

(Podcast Included. If you're seeing this entry elsewhere and cannot play the podcast? Click this link to go to the exact podcast entry ...)



Click here to Download this Podcast.

What makes this even more difficult? Is to try to fight against the herd, and to do it publicly. Because when there is a wrong call, or a false move? The mob can become very, very vocal about my mistake.

But then again, that's the same mob that ignores money management principles; and believes that making money is this business is about "always being right"

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have over 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products