Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Taking a "Blogging and Trading" Break ...

... for just a couple of days ...

I think some have noticed that it seems my eyes are giving me problems lately. They are correct, they have.

I actually have a host of eyesight problems.

First, there are the physical problems with the eyes themselves, that is ... astigmatisms in both eyes. Next, there is actually a problem that my mind has in interpreting visual input, called Amblyopia. Basically, if I'm using one eye, my brain has this tendency to stop using the other eye and completely ignore it. Usually, those who suffer from Amblyopia have a strong eye, and a weak eye. The brain itself comes to depend on the strong eye, and ignores the weak eye. Now combine all of the above, with the fact that my strongest eye, has the strongest astigmatism. So the brain has come to depend, actually, on my weakest eye.

And as of late, my eyes are giving me fits. It's becoming harder to focus with either eye, I'm seeing spots, at times the vision goes blurry, and my eyes are working even less efficiently than usual.

So I just wanted to put a brief note out here, that I'm going to take a brief break from blogging. for a few days. It's because I'm taking a break from the computer screens period, and let my eyes rest for a bit. It'll be hard, because not only do I have to take a break from blogging and writing, but from reading and watching the markets at all. Even reading can cause further strain. It should only take a few days, as I have a bit of therapy that I put myself through. As I mentioned, I just wanted to put out a brief note so you folks will know what happened to Dan, if I don't blog for respond to email for a few days.

Because eyesight problems are not something I care to ignore.


* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have over 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.


Share

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products