Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Exciting "Trade off" Day in the Markets

"With one breath, with one flow ... You will know ... Synchronicity" - The Police

Hmmm.

You know ... it's interesting. Synchronicity that is.

As I mentioned in the "Week in Review" podcast, I just recently completed an interview with Matt "Miss Trade" Davio. It's not yet posted, but I'll repost here when Matt puts it up.

Anyways, I digress. Matt and Tamela Rich are writing a book that revolves around "trade offs". The title of the book will be ... Tradeoffs: Leveraging the Longs & Shorts of Life. Matt and Tamela plan to write in the "language" that those of us who trade for a living use, and approach the concept of trade-offs when in comes to life. As Tamela described this book on her website, it will ... "frame life’s tradeoffs: time for money, freedom for convention, risk for reward, and money for goods and services." Matt and I talked about that concept during the interview.

As I mentioned at the outset ... it's interesting how these topics and situations in life arise with so much synchronicity.

This morning, I volunteered my time, to spend with both my congregation, and my community. I assisted a young man of 19 this morning who asked for a bit of help. So I was away. It was a "trade off".

Yet as subscribers to my newsletter know, I was short on Gold, short on Silver, long on the dollar, short on Orange Juice futures, and short on Cotton. I'll let you look up the charts for yourself.

I won't lie. It's a bit painful to look at charts and realize that there were thousands of dollars to be made in a single day off of my own trading ideas that I saw coming. Perhaps tens of thousands of dollars, with the right sized account. But it's all a trade off.

I was telling Anthony Davian some time ago that I'm finding a new "high" when it comes to great trades. Because after some time? You sort of lose the excitement of a great week trading the capital markets. But there's a new excitement in allowing others to "look over my shoulder" as it were, to see my thought processes behind fantastic trades.

When I think back on March the 24th, 2010, it's a day that will never come again. It's over. And assisting a young man spiritually? Sorry ... but you can't put a price tag on that. I suppose that's an added benefit of writing "Airelon's Market Tactics". I may not personally be able to catch some of these moves, but at least I'm able to help others both in my community, and in the markets at the same time.

It's all a trade off after all.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have over 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.


Share

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products