Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DTE Energy (DTE) ... Yeup, I Still Have It ...

Remember some time ago, I had mentioned that I was buying some DTE Energy (DTE) for my personal accounts? (In other words, non-Challenge Project, non-newsletter accounts. A search of the blog of DTE Energy will reveal each time I have talked about the stock) .

It's a stock that I've never really averaged down on. I took an introductory nibble. I left the Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) turned on, and sort of walked away for a while. Each time a dividend was paid, I dutifully recorded how many shares I received, on what date, at what price (this is absolutely vital for record-keeping and tax purposes). The recently reported growing earnings, and the stock surged all day long.

So I decided to check on my progress with this stock.

It appears I'm up ... almost 30%. And I've barely done a thing with it.

Dividend DRIP investing folks.

Seriously.

Here's a fun tool I've shared with subscribers earlier. It's a website called DRIP Calculator that demonstrates the power of what DRIP compounding can do with a dividend bearing stock.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have over 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products