Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Portfolio Management vs. Money Management

"I'd rather have a pawn than a finger." - Rueben Fine

As subscribers of "Airelon's Market Tactics" know, I discuss portfolio management decisions each and every week. My personal portfolio management strategy was created by myself, and I refer to as "The Three Sisters". That link will take you to a complete, free explanation of this portfolio strategy, and explains why the $500 Challenge Project has an "investing account" and a "trading account" and "a savings account".

Portfolio management is not 'money management'. It's similar. It's as if they are 'kissing cousins'. But they are separate topics. I discuss those differences, in the following video that I recorded at yesterdays close ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this entry elsewhere and cannot see the Video? Click here to view the entry ...)



Portfolio management is all about how well you execute your decisions on the chessboard while looking to the future, as you implement the rules of money management. When you look over the blog entry discusses the the three sisters portfolio management system ... I think you'll see what I mean.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have over 13 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.


Share

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products