Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

General Mills (GIS)

One of my biggest regrets lately, is that I couldn't get folks who follow the Challenge Project to see how much I've been eyeing up General Mills (GIS) as of late, before the stock split. There was just no way that the Challenge Project could support such a purchase before that split for money management and portfolio management reasons. As many of you no doubt know, this is a stock that is held by the Model Portfolio of Airelon's Market Tactics.

The real advantage of a stock split, is for future growth compounding possibilities for dividend investors. It acts as a multiplier on future DRIP purchases.

As of right now, I have an order out there to to buy 3 General Mills (GIS) for the Challenge Project dividend 'investing sister' account at $38.04 Stop Limit on a day order. We'll see if it gets filled or not.

If it does get filled, the incentive to build cash for the Investing account increases to an even greater extent next quarter.

Edit: Hit my price, but as I had a limit order (and what turns out at the high of the day), I was not filled. I have since cancelled the order.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 14 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.


Share

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products