Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Public Challenge Project Broker Statements ...

Each Monday I have a "Challenge Project" entry.

In the "introduction" on these entries, I pretty much say the same thing ...

"It is my attempt without cost, to help out the 'little guy' when it comes to investing and trading by providing an example, a 'model' as it were ... as run by myself as a professional trader with real money, in sub-accounts that I own; following my own three sisters portfolio management system; albeit modified a bit to operate with low funds. From time to time, I provide snapshots of the broker statements."

And that link takes you to some snapshots I took some time ago of my broker platform, showing the balances. I do this, because I warn ones all of the time ... this industry (especially financial bloggers) is filled with crooks, cheats and liars. While I obviously keep my own accounts private ... I have decided to make public this "Challenge Project" that I began some time ago. To demonstrate a) what I'm doing here is real, and b) the principles that I discuss work in the real world.

The problem, is that the link in each weeks 'Challenge Project Introduction' takes you to snapshots I took off my broker platform some time ago. December 7th, 2009 to be exact. So I've decided to have a little entry with updated images from the broker platforms, that reflect the balances I mention on Mondays entries ...

Investing Sharebuilder Account Balance
(Can be Enlarged):

I also have a "ThinkorSwim" Investing Account that has averaged down positions of both Coca-Cola (KO) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). This allows for "partial DRIP" scenario that I have discussed in past entries.

Investing ThinkorSwim Account Balance
(Can be Enlarged):


Trading ThinkorSwim Account Balance
(Can be Enlarged):


SidePocket ThinkorSwim Account Balance
(Can be Enlarged):

Keep your eyes on those balances. Because by the time the Challenge Project is complete, the combined total will read in excess of $100,000.00.

I'll try to continue tomorrow with the new playlist series I am creating regarding my own personal trading methodology. We're having new siding put on the house, and the guys are banging like crazy on all of the exterior walls putting it up. Which doesn't exactly make a great environment to create a video ...

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 14 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products