Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hot T.V. Time Machine ...

Yesterday was rather annoying.

My land-line and internet connection both went down all day. No checking the markets through my terminals. No checking on the news via the net. So I traveled back in time about 12 years.

I instead had to monitor the markets the way I did in 1998. Via Bloomberg and my cell phone. As I said, it's something I haven't had to do for a long time.

9:54 AM
Regardless, the markets moved ahead. Although I did watch Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) trip below my alert yesterday, I decided to hold off on selling it. This morning it's up .12 cents, so I may be able to jump out of that position with less of a loss than I would have taken yesterday. I've pulled stop up a few pennies to $9.65. This is the one stock that I have that I can't see getting out of, without taking a loss. But taking loss is part of the business.

As far as DTE Energy (DTE) ... this is one I dumped out of this morning, and took my profits there.

McDonalds (MCD) ... I've decided to pull up my profit stop there just a bit, up to $71.82 to lock in more profits. General Mills (GIS) I've liquidated at $34.95 for just a little under break even, and I've completely liquidated the last of my Frontline Ltd. (FRO) stock.

With a drop below $55.00, I may take my profit on Coca-Cola (KO) as well, though I will leave that stock in the Challenge Project. I've pulled up my stops on Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) to $57.71, and my stop on Procter & Gamble (PG) to $59.46.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 14 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products