Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Trading For a Living, Not Living for Trading (Series): An Introduction and Discipline (VIDEO)

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" - The Wizard of Oz

This is just a blog. Just one guy recording his thoughts in a very spontaneous manner, as such thoughts relate to the capital markets. I organize some of my thoughts into playlists. I talk about what has helped me throughout my career. But after 4 years of blogging, I realized that those who have followed my ramblings? Only know of 'Dan' as he sits in front of his monitors, and as you watch back from the view from the standpoint of the webcam that sits on top of my left monitor.

But much more goes into who I am as both an investor, and a trader ... than that narrow view. So this new series, or 'playlist' is a continuation of my blogging efforts. To talk about what goes on beyond the webcam, that affects me as an investor or trader. To talk about why I feel it's important to trade for a living, but not live for trading.

In this first video, I still stick 'around' the desk that you've come to know. I wanted to use this first video in this series as a means of an introduction for anyone that might see me for the first time from this video. After the introduction ... I take some time to talk about 'discipline'. How discipline must be applied when I am sitting in front of the monitors, and when I step away from them ...

(Video Included. If you're seeing this entry elsewhere and cannot see the Video? Click here to view the entry ...)



I'm not sure how often I'll be able to put these videos together. Perhaps one a month, perhaps more ... or perhaps less. They are fun ... but take a bit of time to put together.

* * *

Note: This is not an investment or trading recommendation. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. But I do have 14 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk.

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products