Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Research and Development

I've been busy in the last week catching up on conference calls and research of the companies that are on my watchlist.

As a way of a reminder ... here are the stocks that have been on my watchlist ...

Coca-Cola (KO): Currently own in the dividend investing side of the portfolio. Caught up on research.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): Currently own in the dividend investing side of the portfolio. Caught up on research.
General Mills (GIS): Currently own in the dividend investing side of the portfolio. Caught up on research.
Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Do not own. Caught up on research
Shipping Finance Ltd. (SFL): Do not own. Still need to review data
Automatic Data Processing (ADP): Do not own. Caught up on research
Procter & Gamble (PG): Do not own. Caught up on research
Pepsi Co. Inc (PEP): Do not own. Caught up on research
Diageo plc (ADR) (DEO): Do not own. Still need to review some data
AT&T Inc. (T): Do not own. Caught up on research
Frontline Ltd. (FRO): Do not own. Still need to review data
DTE Energy (DTE): Do not own. Caught up on research
Pfizer (PFE): Do not own. Caught up on research
Costco (COST): Do not own. Still need to review data
Bank of America (BAC): Do not own. Caught up on research
NYSE Euronext (NYX): Do not own. Still need to review data
JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM): Do not own. Caught up on research
ING Groep N.V. (ADR) (ING): Do not own. Still need to review data

As I have mentioned in other entries, there are companies that I watch, not with the intent of making them a part of my portfolio ... but instead because I want to hear the 'tone' of their business. Companies such as JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM), Bank of America (BAC) and ING Groep N.V. (ING). I currently have no plans to purchase such companies. But I do find it advantageous to be caught up on how their business is progressing.

In addition, there are companies that I'm thinking of removing from my watchlist. DTE Energy (DTE), Frontline Ltd (FRO) and Shipping Finance Ltd (SFL).

Why?

Quite frankly, after the events of the last few years? I'm not sure that I would want to be part owner in companies where the tail risk has proven so ... extraordinary. I'm not 'pro-nuclear' or 'anti-nuclear'. I'm neutral to that entire topic. However, loss of control risk ... even if it's once every 15 years? I have to ask myself if I want to be part owner in a company with such large environmental risk. The same holds true after the Gulf coast disaster for companies such as Shipping Finance Ltd (SFL) or Frontline Ltd. (FRO).

So at this point, I'm thinking of removing DTE Energy (DTE), Frontline Ltd. (FRO), as well as Shipping Finance Ltd (SFL) and Diageo PLC ADR (DEO) from my watchlist. I'd like to add some other companies, but I have more development to do on that route.



In addition, I realize that I have not had an update of "Airelon's Challenge Chronicles". Expect to see such an update this upcoming Sunday; keeping in mind that since there was not an entry for A.C.C. last week, that Sunday's entry will be a 'double week' entry..

* * *

Note: The above statements should not be construed as an investment or trading recommendation. Airelon's Investing and Trading Journal is a blog that allows subscribers to look 'over my shoulder' as it were, for my own personal specific trading and investing ideas and thoughts for the next week. But they are only thoughts as of the moment of publication, and are subject to change.. Any trades or investments that I discuss within this blog are simply my own thoughts regarding my own investing and trading outlook. Remember that entering any market is an individual decision. There is no guarantee that I will enter, or have entered any of the trading or investing ideas that I discuss in this blog; as larger accounts may require a different strategy as the ones presented here. This blog simply contains my trading and investing thoughts for the next week. I, the author do not grant this work for wide distribution beyond any single individual subscriber as this publication is protected by U.S. And International Copyright laws. All rights reserved. No license is granted to the user except for the user's personal use. No part of this publication or its contents may be copied, downloaded, stored in a retrieval system, further transmitted or otherwise reproduced, stored, disseminated, transferred, or used, in any form or by any means except as permitted under the original subscription agreement or with prior written permission. I personally only enter any market after watching and reading the tape and I trade using money management principles. The losses in trading can be very real, and depending on the investment vehicle and market, can exceed your initial investment. I am not a licensed trading or investment adviser, or financial planner. I do have 15 years of experience in trading and investing in these markets. Airelon's Challenge Chronicles are demo accounts,with all of the inherent problems therein, which are used within this blog in an attempt to track the results of my own thought processes., and is run as a model. Traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, due diligence, and tolerance for risk. Any pictures used within this blog are believed to be public domain. Any charts that displayed using the ThinkorSwim platform, or any other charting software are believed to be public domain. Any other pictures were obtained through Wikipedia's public domain policy. As a reminder, any trades discussed for "Airelon's Challenge Chronicles" would only be 'day trades' according to the parameters discussed for Airelon's Challenge Chronicles, at this stage of the game in order to escape the risk of over-leveraged gap opens in the commodity futures markets. As a 'trading sister' would have grown to the $30,000 level, I would have graduated the account into 'swing trading'. In addition, it is understood that readers have read my YouTube methodology series. It is also understood that the writer of this blog has repeatedly warned against the dangers of shadowing any other traders thoughts. The Challenge accounts are run for the education of other traders who should make their own decisions based off their own research, and tolerance for risk

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products