Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let's Call it an Extended Break ...

It would be somewhat superfluous to try to explain all of the intricacies of doctrinal matters for my faith. Especially here on a blog that is about investing and trading money. I have long stated that I believe it wrong and immoral to mix money that is for profit as this journal does, and religious teaching.

Not that I believe it is wrong to be involved in 'for profit' ventures, money and business. Some first century Christians were obviously very wealthy and there was nothing wrong with that, as long as they kept the correct attitude (1 Timothy 6:17). But to mix religious beliefs with money making ventures is simply wrong. Jesus taught: "You received free, give free" (Matthew 10:8; Acts 8:20). He threw money changers out of the temple and would not even allow people to use the temple as a 'shortcut' through the city in order to carry utensils. (Mark 11:15,16). You cannot mix what is holy, with what is mundane and expect to receive approval from God.

So I say the proceeding to again state, that it would be not only superfluous to explain the nuances of my faith, but also wrong and immoral to do so in a venue about making money.

But at times, the two aspects of faith and money collide. I've reached such a point in my life.

To put it simply, there is a small group of people that I try to support at every opportunity associated with my faith. And right now, they need every single bit of my support, time, effort and energies.

Yes, this is involved with my move to Mexico that I have discussed for some time to help serve where there is a greater need. And I'm finding that as I make myself available for that move to Mexico, not only has my time become more pressed, but even more opportunities to assist those I wish to assist are opening up to my wife and I. One privilege was opened up to me, that I have to be honest ... I still am having trouble grasping the sheer enormity of the privilege.

With these new opportunities I've sat down and "calculated the cost" (Luke 14:28) as it were. And at the present time, I cannot see how I can continue with my journaling here, and continue to expand my ministry as I wish to do. As I stated at the outset, it would be superfluous to try to explain all of the nuances of doctrinal matters for my faith. But trust me when I say ... when I 'calculate the cost' at the present time, I cannot see how it could possibly be done.

This is not easy for me. Not easy at all. To be very honest about it, I've sort of seen this eventuality coming to a head in the back of my mind for some time; and I've tried to avoid thinking about it. But when I finally saw that the two were in conflict? My heart broke a little bit. I don't want to take a break from journaling at all. I have immensley enjoyed helping ones, free of charge, understand how I have invested and trade my own finances. Especially throughout the challenging economic times of the last few years.

But sometimes in life, two things we dearly love to do collide. And we are left to make a choice. I choose my service to God. I always will. Living my life in this way has created the 'best' parts of who I think I am as a person.

I will continue to run the Challenge Project privately; because when it reaches $100,000, I will have a CPA audit run on those accounts. I'll even tell you how I've scheduled Rule No. Two Deposits for the upcoming months, so that I'm not leaving ones completely 'high and dry':

Until August 29th, 2011:
All of Rule No. two is going to be applied towards the dividend investing account. I had no plans to purchase or average down on any stocks, but that account needed work so that future maneuverability could be maintained and built upon.

From August 15th, 2011 forward:
All deposits of rule no. two, with the exception of the savings side-pocket, would be of $20.00, with $5.00 being put towards a new Forex trading account at Oanda. So deposits to the investing account or the trading account from this point forward? $5.00 of the $25.00 would go towards the Forex account, so that could be built up to trade micro-lots.

September 2011:
Rule no. two would be applied to the savings side-pocket. Full $100.00 deposits. My goal here is to get the savings side-pocket to the next goal, and so that I could then working past the goal and see about being at a stage where I could then set up a strategy for household input cost hedging and possibly side-pocket purchases.

October 2011 to the end of the year:
I was going to make deposits towards the trading accounts alone, so that I can be in a position to be actively trading by the end of the year, and into 2012.

So there is a look ahead for the Challenge Project. But for now, I'm going to sign off. I won't say permenantly, because we don't know what the future holds.

So for now ... let's call this an 'extended break' or 'leave of absence' from my journaling efforts here at this blog. Feel free to contact me by email. Feel free to download all of the videos from my YouTube Channel by using a Free YouTube Downloader for private use.

I'll miss this, that is for sure ...

Search Investing and Trading Articles and Products